I don’t usually decorate a whole lot for 4th of July, but this year I wanted to make a couple cute center pieces that were inexpensive but didn’t look inexpensive. I came up with 2 DIY projects that I did in under an 1 hour and used mostly things I had laying around the house!
Wine Bottle Red, White, and Blue Centerpiece DIY
This DIY is so simple but you can be super creative with it by just using scraps from other projects and leftover paint! You will need:
- An empty wine bottle with the label removed (soak in warm, soapy water for 15 to 20 minutes and the label will be easier to peel off).
- Red, White, and Blue paint.
- Finishing Spray (optional).
- Burlap, ribbon, or your choice of accent.
- Hot glue gun.
Here is how it is made:
- Use a sponge to add your red, white and blue paint. The order doesn’t really matter (I did white, red, then blue), I would just start light on color then more can be added later. LET EACH COAT DRY before starting the next.
- Spray the bottle with finishing spray. I use a matte finish, I just not big on super shiny finishes, but this is totally optional. It will just prevent the paint from scratching off easily. (see last picture in series above)
- Cut your accent, in this case burlap and ribbon, to a little larger then the circumference of the bottle so you have some overlap to glue. TIP: use a Popsicle stick to press materials (especially fabrics) together when using a glue gun…this will save your fingers from burns!
- Use the glue gun to adhere the accent around the bottle and let dry!
- Add some flowers or a candle and make these for your outdoor party centerpieces!
Triple Ply DIY 4th of July Centerpiece
This one is particularly easy for the kids to do and can be made in no time at all! You will need:
- 3 Toilet Paper Rolls.
- 3 Pieces of decorative paper in the colors red, white, and blue.
- Twine or ribbon.
This is how it’s done:
- Cut each piece of paper to measure 6.5″ wide by 4.5″ tall.
- Use the tape to secure one end (the 4.5″ end) of the paper to the tube, roll it around the tube, and then tape the other end. Do this with all 3 papers.
- Cut a piece of twine or ribbon and tie the three rolls together.
- Put in some pretty flowers and you’re done!
Check out these additional Independence Day decorations for sale in my Etsy Shop, available for speedy shipping! Use coupon code JULY4 through 7/1/17 to save 10% on any order!
Keep on craftin’!